Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Few Recent Foodie Encounters

Our favourite local haunt, Chef's Gallery, was closed so we adventured down George st to Menya Mappen. Generous udon portions, crispy tempura & 30c seaweed salad, whoah!

Got my hands on some unpasteurised milk at Eveleigh markets & made this: salted fromage blanc with olive oil, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil. As Lucy found out, also tastes good on a cracker with some of Jamie's potatoes.

Just finished my last ration of Cadbury Egg 'n' Spoon - wahhhh!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE Mappen so much! Is the "raw" milk sold as a beauty product? I cannot wait to get to France later this year and try raw milk cheese...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the unpasteurised milk at a gourmet cheese stand. I bet France will have the most amazing cheese! x Vanessa

      Delete
  2. Uhh that egg and spoon looks amazing - why have I not seen this around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it's only sold during Easter :'(

      Delete