Friday, February 19, 2010

Tali Udovitch (of the Blender Gallery)

When I went to see the Woodstock exhibition at the Blender Gallery last August, it was really a moment in time that you feel so overwhelmed being surrounded by so many photographs which are portals to what only your imagination can fill in. I am forever grateful to the person who put that brilliant exhibition together - and here she is!

Where do you get your inspiration for exhibitions? Music / I look at the musicians I like and look at the photographers / [with the 40th anniversary of Woodstock] I wanted to make a tribute / I work with the Morrison Hotel Gallery in the US and the Rock Archive in the UK

If you could be reincarnated into any decade, which would it be? mid 60's - 70's

If you could buy one thing for everyone in the world, it would be: a copy of the Woodstock record from 1969

Favourite photos: Debbie Harry by Janette Beckman, anything by Henry Diltz and Helmut Newton

If you were a serial killer, what would your trademark be? I'd leave a polaroid at the scene

Next exhibition: the Rock Archive 2001 Collection - new editions to the gallery / Artworks from the 60's to now


the Blender Gallery is currently exhibiting a photographic tribute to AC/DC

www.blender.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment