Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown


After months of studying, art history essays, and reading for knowledge and education, I really just wanted a book to entertain me. I missed reading without a highlighter in my hand, without having to make footnotes. So, when I asked a friend for a recommendation of something I could just get addicted to, she recommended the Da Vinci Code, and oh man was it a page turner! I loved the feeling of devouring the pages with cliffhangers every second chapter, and I thought that the interwoven plots were clever and kept the reader on their toes. I admit that at first I was a little twitchy by the non-referenced discussion of art and historical events, and I didn't find the writing the most subtle or creative. But it was incredibly entertaining and certainly quenched my reading thirst, and for that I highly recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. I do like a guilty read once in a while. I took your advice on The Hunger Games, and loved it! Now, where's my copy of The Brothers Karamazov...

    ReplyDelete