Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vanuatu 35mm

I almost forgot how exciting the ritual of film processing could be! A couple months ago I took my fisheye camera and an expired underwater disposable that I picked up at a thrift store on my trip to Vanuatu. Having a limited amount of shots made me much more considerate and focused when shooting, and experimenting with double exposures was quite exciting (also not knowing whether the expired film would actually work or not). When I got home it took two weeks for the film to be developed and so the suspense was almost unbearable for a digital-soul like me. When I finally got them, they were each so precious. The lack of instant gratification, as is the case with digital photography, made me appreciate how many processes the film went through before it finally materialised. And in this manner, it makes me linger longer on the experiences that they recall.
















No comments:

Post a Comment