Friday, September 16, 2011

Claire Westover, 2 years on

Photo by Oly Begg

What do you think of when you remember 2009? I remember saying it was my last hard party before year 12 - didn't happen

Best book you've ever read and why? The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. [It] just gave you a lot to think about.

Favourite foods? Tacos; my mother's chicken and leek pie; avocado on toast with taco sauce

Favourite make-up product? Liquid eye-liner

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? Nothing special, general plans for the day - I always make to-do lists

What's the last thing you think about before you fall asleep? "Time to give up on the internet"

If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be? Just relax, things will get better

Best sauce? Anything with garlic - I love garlic

What's something you've done recently that you're proud of? 
It's not something that I've really done, I've just changed my outlook on life. Just do what makes you happy; nothing is so bad that you can't get through it - don't panic... I can also blow smoke rings, that's pretty cool

Favourite plant? Passionfruit vines and coriander

Favourite planet? I'd have to say Saturn... God liked it so much he put rings on it. Also, it has a pretty symbol

How wide are the plugs in your ears? They're 8mm at the moment but I'm upsizing to 10 next week 

What was the last dream you had? I was playing monopoly with friends and some seedy ass guy came along and tried to steal all the pretend money. I chased after him and screamed at him to give it back like it was real money that he was taking

Put your music on shuffle - what's the first song that comes up and why is it there? 
Brulee by Ratatat - sometimes you just enjoy a song without lyrics. Sometimes you want to add your own story to the song

Favourite artists? Frida Kahlo, Banksy, Rohan Anderson, Sara Blake

If you were an animal, what would you be? An owl, of course

Next tattoo? A big owl on my thigh

When was the last time you were really shocked? When I saw my friend who's been overseas for a year and I didn't know she was back - best surprise ever

Favourite chocolate? Any dark chocolate, really

Favourite musical key? Anything in a minor key, I find them far more interesting than major

Best concerts you've ever been to? Top 2: Sound Relief when the Presets played because there was a big thunderstorm and everyone was dancing in the rain. And Coldplay, where all the butterflies came out 

What's something that you've done that you never expected to do? I was vegetarian for a while 

If you could only eat at one cafe/restaurant/person's cooking for the rest of your life, where would it be? There's a few: Harold Park Hotel in Glebe, Barzura in Coogee, and home - nothing beats mum's cooking

Favourite quote? Douglas Adams, "Time is an illusion, lunch time is doubly so"- from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galazy

Favourite number? 9

No comments:

Post a Comment