Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sarah R

Sarah is the daughter of Peter.

what are your top 5 favourite books?: Ouch, hard one. Almost as bad as trying to get Carla to choose a favourite musician.
Just as a point of reference I enjoy and often love almost any book that comes my way. This is a list of the ones I will keep and re-read until I need to buy new copies from wear and tear.

In no particular order then, and off the top of my head:
1. The Dresden Files Series. Jim Butcher is the one God of Modern Fantasy Pulp Fiction (at least that's what I call it). Sounds strange. Is totally awesome.
2. The Abhorsen Series. They're by Garth Nix, and I love all of his stuff, but they're definitely at the top. Fantasy, of course.
3. The Name of the Wind. First in a series called The Kingkiller Chronicle, by Patrick Rothfuss. By far my favourite current novel. When I read it it's almost like I'm listening to music, drifting along - totally brilliant. Although, sadly, this may change, due to it being only the first in the series (the next could very well be shit) and the fact that Rothfuss is taking an age completing the second - it was meant to be out by now, I think. Grr.
4. Anything at all written by Terry Pratchett. If you do not know who he is, go and look him up or burn in my look of righteous mild annoyance. Enough said.
5. The Tomorrow Series by ol' John Marsden. I hate him with a passion, but this series is great. For me, at least. Other people have this tendency to dislike it. PSHT!
6. Sorry, but just one more! Please? The Gentlemen Bastards Sequence is funny, wonderful, fantastical and Scott Lynch needs to hurry up and get the rest of the series out before I die from waiting!

so, you're pregnant, what's the first thing you do?: Have the kid, run away, join a hippie colony and spend my life promoting the Green Way of Living whilst high on drugs.
That, or marry a rich old guy who dies at most a year later, keep all his money and live a totally awesome life with my kid. Mwahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. "Almost as bad as trying to get Carla to choose a favourite musician."

    Haha! Great interview! Sarah needs to re-lend me a few of those books, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love world's longest comments, really:D

    i'm very glad you liked Gaba, cause she isn't that popular here as she deserves - the critics surely like her, but i think a bit bigger audience would do her only better:)

    and about the photos... i'm blushing now when i read this post, my boyfriend told me that i demand too much from my photos. and well, i calmed down a bit. the other think is that the rest from the roll has big problems with exposing, but i still thank you very much for such enthusiastic reaction, it keeps me up thinking that it's not that bad:)

    this fashion thing inspired me not that long ago and i think i'd have some issues with asking strangers to pose, but i'm excited to try. some nice weather weekend + my digital buddy loaded and off the streets, i hope:)
    what is fashion in poland like? i'd myself would love to know:)

    cheers,
    Magda

    ReplyDelete